6.03.2008

Comments, Contacts and More

Thanks to everyone who voted in the online poll. Looks like the majority of people know a couple who has adopted internationally (80% of respondents) and one person knew a couple who adopted domestically. New survey posted - check it out!

I also want to extend the offer to comment on the blog or on the things I'm writing about. If anyone has any input or maybe some resources out there that could help Dan and I in our journey, we are completely open to your suggestions. Also, if there is information you wish I'd share here and haven't or have questions for us feel free to contact us at our regular email addresses or our adoption email account. (Believe me, I check it every night.)

The adoption agency told us we could attempt to find our own birthparents as well. So, I am getting close to completing a web site for Dan and I and hoping to use that to reach out to potentional birthparents. I'll link to it here once I have it completed. We've also notified our doctors, so should they encounter an unplanned pregancy considering an adoption plan, they will hopefully pass on our name. We've looked at message boards and adoption forums, but that is still a bit intimidating and unchartered territory for me.

That's the latest and greatest. Looking forward to feedback. -Jodi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heya Jods and Dan~!

Seeing you on the internet is very cool. Not in a "wow, they know how to use the internet!" way, but in a "wow, they are blogging about their journey!".

I read your blog so far, and didnt see anything other than a link to domestic versus international adoption.

Can you blog a little bit about that, and why you chose the domestic route? or are you trying via both paths?

I will be following along, and hoping and praying for a quick match. I know you both will be fantastic parents. Really. It will be amazing.

Take care,

Jeff

Dan and Jodi said...

El Jeffe! Good to hear from you and thanks for the kind words. Good question too. I'll make the next blog entry about that and how
Dan and I made the decision we did.
Please send us some new pictures of Claire, your new baby girl.
-Jodi