10.12.2008

Tough Call

Late last week, I received a call at work from our new adoption partner - Madonna H. Finney's office. They had a situation in Florida and since it wasn't a "normal situation," they wanted to check in and see if we'd be interested in pursuing. WHAT?!?!? Movement so quickly. This was so foreign to us, but so exciting. Without going into a ton of detail to respect everyone involved, Dan and I decided the situation wasn't the right fit for us. It wasn't an easy decision and I still think about it, but deep down I know it was the right decision.

The good news is that we feel we definitely made the right call by signing up with the law office. They obviously have movement and we really feel it's only a matter of time before we're parents. -Jodi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow !

That is soo close!

I also am feeling good about the Florida connection knowing nothing beyond what i read here. Hopefully this direction will bear a great lead. Do you guys know is it more common for adoptions to take place in the winter, that we are approaching, or doesn't it matter. I dont know why it should, but everything in life seems so cyclical you never know.

I really hope you both hear some good news soon. I know the wait is crazy hard, but things will be amazing soon~!

Take care,

Jeff

Dan and Jodi said...

Hi Jeff. Sorry I didn't respond to this sooner. Actually, I was told that adoptions seem to slow down around the holidays. Understandable.
Thanks for following our journey.
-Jodi