3.22.2009

Big News!

We've been absent from the blog for a while ... but for good reason! Dan and I have received a match from a birthmother. Yes, you read correctly. The baby is due in July. Our baby!

Over the last few weeks we've been busy with paperwork, phone calls, and the hardest of all ... trying to contain our excitement in public. There have been many a happy dances being done in our household. Lots of smiling and even some tears of joy. If all continues to go well, we'll be parents this summer. Sometimes I still can't believe it.

We're not sharing details of the birthparents or the situation surrounding the adoption out of respect for everyone involved. Although we're surrounded with joy and excitement, there is also a very tough situation/decision involved on the other end. We hope everyone understands.

We've also been busy talking baby names, signing up for child care, looking at nursery decorations. All the fun stuff. We're so excited, I don't even know how to explain it. We have lots to do in a few short months to prepare, but we're ready for it all. Dan and I are going to be parents!
-Jodi

4 comments:

Marc said...

Wonderful news, Jodi! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

We are so happy for you two!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - I am so happy I checked your blog!!! I am so happy for you - I do know exactly how you feel..I still remember our phone call saying we had been picked...please if you need anything - do not hesitate to ask!!!

Congrats again!!!

~Sarah

Jeff D said...

Absolutely fabulous news!

I cant tell you how excited I am for you to be changing diapers of your son~!

You and Dan both will make excellent parents, and this match will prove it so.

All the best including squishy hugs from, Andrea, Claire and Jeff